- Building, maintaining, attending or using fire for slash burning, campfires, recreational fires or educational fires.
- Use of all private fireworks including approved fireworks (i.e. sparklers, fountains).
- Smoking on public property, except within an enclosed vehicle or building or an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
- Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame on outdoor property unless approved by the authority having jurisdiction.
- All burn permits are suspended until further notice
Exceptions shall include: LPG or natural gas fired grills at private residences, compressed gas grills or Coleman fueled stoves and lanterns at developed campgrounds or picnic grounds, approved grills used for the commercial cooking of food, flares used by Public Safety agencies to warn the public of danger, training fires used by Public Safety agencies. Public fireworks displays with valid permit.
Please note campfires in approved developed campsites or picnic grounds and the use of charcoal grills are also prohibited.
These restrictions are dependent on the current fire danger and will be evaluated on a daily basis.
This ban shall be effective from 12:00 Noon, December 3, 2012 until otherwise lifted or changed by the Fire Chief or his designee.