“The symposium offers one-stop shopping for busy family caregivers,” said Emily Cooper of Boulder County Aging Services. “It’s a place to get information about many different kinds of resources and agencies, learn about issues important to caregiving, pick up materials for home reference, and spend time visiting with fellow caregivers and aging services professionals.”
The event will be held on Wednesday, May 11, from noon to 5 p.m. at Calvary Bible Church, 3245 Kalmia Ave., Boulder. It is a Free event with lunch and refreshments provided
The event features nine workshops on key caregiving topics:
- Activities for People with Memory Loss
- Coping with Challenging Family Dynamics
- Should Mom or Dad Move In?
- Legal Issues Important to Family Caregivers
- Caregiver Support System: Turning to Others for the Help You Need
- Incontinence: Dealing with a Delicate Issue
- Considering a Long-Term Care Facility
- When Your Loved One Is Hospitalized
- Hiring and Managing In-Home Care Providers
The event is sponsored by Boulder County Aging Services, a division of Community Services, with assistance from City Senior Services.
Registration is free at the door, by calling 303-441-1685, or online at www.BoulderCountyAging.org (click on Caregiving and scroll down to Caregiving Symposium). Free on-site respite care is available by reservation by calling at 303-678-6286.